Camp Activities: Lake Nipissing Family Vacation
La Plage is the French word for beach and our camp is known for its wonderful 400 foot natural sand beach that has a very gentle slope suitable for young children. Other than fishing for walleye, pike, bass and muskie there are many things to do.
Activities at Camp Include:
- Swimming, Kayaks and Canoes
- Volleyball, Badminton
- Outdoor Games such as Horseshoes, Bocci Ball, Crochet etc.
- Complimentary Library of Books, Magazines, Puzzles and Board Games
- Complimentary use of Piano in Lodge
- Weekly Games Night at the Lodge during the Summer Months
- Bird Watching, nearby Cache Bay is a Huge Wet Wetland conservation area that is Home to many Species of Birds
- Great Evening Campfires
- Great Country Roads for Walking or Jogging
Area Attraction & Activities:
Besides what is happening at camp, there are many activities to choose from in the surrounding area. We are half way between the cities of Sudbury and North Bay, both within 1 hour’s drive from camp. The towns of Sturgeon Falls and Verner are just 20 minutes from camp, so you can take a short drive from camp and find shopping malls and grocery stores, craft stores etc., hospitals, bingo, restaurants, spas, movies and live theatre, museums, nature trails, horse racing and slot machines.
There are many close U Pick berry and vegetable farms as well as road side vegetable stands where you can get fresh fruits and vegetables.
Here are a few sites to check out for more information:
- Chief Commanda – cruise ship touring Lake Nipissing from North Bay
- Osprey Links Golf – 18 hole Championship golf course near North Bay
- Sturgeon River House – Museum and nature trails near Sturgeon Falls
- City of North Bay – General information of what is available in North Bay area
- West Nipissing Ouest – General information of what is available close by
- Sudbury Tourism – General information of what is available near Sudbury
- Science North – Interactive educational complex in Sudbury
Not Allowed On Camp Property:
- BB or air guns
- Personal water craft such as Seadoo’s